Order of Towns to Visit
Note: To successfully complete this Dragon Age Origins guide as a solo player (Arcane Warrior) on the PS3, follow the steps below in the order listed.
Tip: Between traveling to new areas, replenish your potion supplies. You will need Elfroot for health potions. Buy your Elfroot from Varathorn in the Brecilian Forest. Flasks are easily obtained at camp, (though the cheapest prices are in Orzammar or Denerim). Lyrium is plentiful in the Circle of Magi from the Quartermaster. Distillation agent can be found easily (and cheaper) in Denerim. Deep mushroom is more difficult to find. Pick it up where ever you can. Once you reach the Deep Roads, you will find Ruck who will have plenty to sell.
1. To be successful at playing Dragon Age Origins solo, you will need to explore areas in a specific order. However, until you reach Lothering, you with be forced to bring along a couple characters during your adventures. Follow the guidelines on how to handle them. Once at the outskirts of Lothering, remove the characters from your team through the advanced circle menu on your PS3 controller (L2).Once you are alone, go to the Lothering town and complete all the side quests you can. Once finished, replenish your Elfroot, flasks and other needed supplies (see General Strategy section).
2. Circle of Magi. This is a perfect area for solo play since you will be on your own a lot in the Fade anyway. There is also a lot opportunity to receive bonuses to your statistics.
3. Redcliff. Complete all side/main quests in the area. Important task: When you need to get rid of the Demon possessing Connor, instead of fighting her, take the gift of “improving your power". This will give you an extra skill point to put into spells.
4. Denerim. Do all side quests there and begin the Sacred Ashes quest with the search for Brother Genetivi.
5. Brecilian Forest. Important task: You will need to kill both Witherfang and the Keeper. First kill Witherfang and then talk to the Keeper. Kill him and take his staff. The Keeper’s staff is a very good weapon that will help with your attacks. You will also need to get the Juggernaut armor (see Important Items to Purchase/Locate section in part 1).
6. Orzammar. Complete important quests and handle situations/decisions the way you choose.
7. End game. Use the Elf, Mage, Dwarf and Redcliff troops as needed. You do not have control over them so they are okay to use.