- slide 1 of 2
The Master Herbalism skill is the fourth tier in the Herbalism skill tree in Dragon Age: Origins. It requires that you have the three previous levels of Herbalism and your character be a minimum of 10th level, so it does take some commitment on your part. If you’re willing to seek out all the ingredients, you can create some really useful potions and elixirs with this skill. Most of the things you can make are not what you’ll find on the bodies of the monsters you kill, and they cost a lot of coin to buy from a vendor. In the section below, you will find a list of everything you can make with Master Herbalism, as well as the items you need to complete each recipe.
- slide 2 of 2
- Recipe: 4 Elfroot, 2 Lifestone, 2 Concentrator Agent, 1 Flask
This potion is required to complete a quest in Orzammar called Exotic Methods. After you complete the quest and are able to make the potion, it can be used to cure a character who is under magical Sleep or Paralysis effects.
Greater Elixir of Grounding
- Recipe: 2 Frozen Lightning, 1 Distillation Agent, 2 Concentrator Agent, 1 Flask
This elixir will make the drinker 60% resistant to electrical damage for three minutes. If you’re up against an opponent who uses a lot of lightning attacks, drink one of these before battle starts.
Greater Ice Salve
- Recipe: 2 Frostrock, 1 Distillation Agent, 2 Concentrator Agent, 1 Flask
This salve gives the user a 60% resistance to cold or ice damage for three minutes. This is especially useful against spellcasters who use cold attacks to slow down or freeze opponents.
Greater Injury Kit
- Recipe: 4 Elfroot, 4 Deep Mushroom, 2 Distillation Agent, 2 Concentrator Agent
This kit will fix all of your injuries and restore 40 health points.
Greater Nature Salve
- Recipe: 2 Lifestone, 1 Distillation Agent, 2 Concentrator Agent, 1 Flask
This grants a 60% resistance to nature damage and lasts for three minutes. It’s especially helpful when fighting against opponents that use poison or spit acid.
Greater Spirit Balm
- Recipe: 2 Spirit Shard, 1 Distillation Agent, 2 Concentrator Agent, 1 Flask
This gives the user a 60% resistance to spirit damage, which affects the mind. Very useful against spellcasters. It lasts three minutes.
Greater Warmth Balm
- Recipe: 2 Fire Crystal, 1 Distillation Agent, 2 Concentrator Agent, 1 Flask
For three minutes, this will make the user 60% resistant to fire damage, which is very nice against many of the foes you will encounter in Dragon Age: Origins.
Potent Health Poultice
- Recipe: 5 Elfroot, 2 Distillation Agent, 2 Concentration Agent, 1 Flask
This poultice is perfect for high level warriors who are within inches of death and need their health points back. It is the most powerful healing potion in the game.
Potent Lyrium Potion
- Recipe: 4 Lyrium Dust, 2 Distillation Agent, 2 Concentration Agent, 1 Flask
Not only does this potion restore over 200 points of mana, but it is also a very good item to sell for profit if you make them and don’t need it.