- slide 1 of 7
Quest: Farmer and family are threatened by Darkspawn. Find out what happened to them.
Reward: 1,000 experience (XP) points
Completing the Quest: Travel to location on map. Find out that the Darkspawn killed all at the farm.
- slide 2 of 7
A Daughter Ransomed
Source: Letters to the Commander – Female soldier next to the Vigil’s Keep Throne room
Quest: Bandits are keeping a noble’s daughter for ransom. They are asking for 30 sovereign in bribe money.
Reward: 10 sovereigns will be given to you a bit later after you visit the Letters to the Commander soldier and the girl is still alive. If you fail to save her but kill the bandits, you will receive 5 sovereigns. You will also receive 1,000 experience (XP) points.
Completing the Quest: In this Dragon Age Origins Awakening walkthrough, you will need to go to a random location on the map. With a high level of coercion, you can convince the bandits to let the girl go and promise you will give them the money afterwards. If they do so, don’t give them any money and kill them off. The girl will run away to safety. If you fail to convince them, you will need to pay them off to get the girl.
- slide 3 of 7
Source: Herren in Vigil’s Keep
Quest: Find ore to make armor for your soldiers
Reward: Wade will make armor for your soldiers.
Completing the Quest: Find some ore in the Vigil’s Keep Basement area (in the lower level), Silverite Mine and Kal'Hirol. See Herren in Vigil’s Keep as you find the ores. He will let Wade know that you have found a good source of ore he can use to make armor. However, Herren will request that you will need to post guards to protect the ore while it is being retrieved from Vigil’s Keep basement. You will also receive 1,000 experience (XP) points per ore sample found and an additional 1,000 experience points for finishing the quest.
- slide 4 of 7
Cost of Doing Business
Source: Voldrik the Dwarf in Vigil’s Keep
Quest: Voldrik needs 80 sovereigns to hire workers to help him rebuild the walls surrounding Vigil’s Keep.
Reward: 500 experience (XP) points. The process of hiring workers to help rebuild of Vigil’s Keep walls can begin.
Completing the Quest: Give Voldrik 80 sovereigns to hire workers.
- slide 5 of 7
Trade Must Flow
Quest: Find merchants for Vigil’s keep so trade can continue.
Reward: Total of 75 sovereigns can be earned from this quest.
Completing the Quest: In a random encounter while traveling to another area in Amaranthine, you will run into some bandits who are attacking a merchant. Kill them off and save the merchant. Once you do so, the merchant (named Lilith) will give you 15 sovereigns and promises to trade at Vigil’s Keep. When you return to Vigil’s Keep, see Mistress Woolsey and she will let you know that merchant trade has improved.
To complete this Dragon Age Origins Awakening walkthrough, you will also need to find a second merchant. The other one is located in the Silverite Mine (through Wending Wood). You will see him towards the end of exploring this area. If you have high enough coercion skills, ask him to trade at Vigil’s Keep. Once you get back to Vigil’s Keep, see Mistress Woolsey, who will give you 60 sovereigns and let you know that merchant trade is good now. You can then see the merchant inside the Vigil’s Keep Throne room and he will now have better inventory of stuff.
- slide 6 of 7
Heart of the Forest
Source: Wending Wood and Wade in Vigil’s Keep
Quest: Wade requires Heartwood and a few other items to make a special bow or shield.
Reward: You receive either a Heartwood Bow or Shield (depending on which one you choose).
Completing the Quest: This Dragon Age Origins Awakening side quest is triggered off after you kill the “Old One" Sylvanwood tree creature. Pick up the Heartwood off his remains and take it back to Wade in Vigil’s Keep. Talk to Wade, who will be pleased at your find. Wade tells you he needs the following items to complete his crafting of the Heartwood Bow or Heartwood Shield.
- Oil – Found in the Crown and Lion Bar’s kitchen in the City of Amaranthine
- Flawless Ruby – From a merchant in Amaranthine or off of a fallen enemy.
- Catgut – Find it in the Blackmarsh area. It is located in the west corner of the Destroyed Village on a dead Mabari dog.
- Grandmaster Lightning Rune – This will have to be created by a character that has 4 points in rune crafting. You will need the Lightning runes from every level (along with the other required ingredients) to get to the Grandmaster. A Novice Lightning rune to create a Journeyman Lightning Rune. A Journeyman Lightning rune is needed to create an Expert Lightning rune, and finally you will need the Expert Lightning rune to create the Grandmaster Lightning rune.
When you have these items, go see Wade in Vigil’s Keep. Choose the shield or bow. Depending on which one you pick, this is what you will get:
Heartwood Shield – Gives a +15 to defense, 10% nature resistance, +20 physical resistances and it has the ability to absorb damage.
Heartwood Bow- Gives +5 to dexterity, +5 to cunning, +6 to attack, faster aim 0.3 and +5 to range critical chance.
In addition to either of these Heartwood items, you receive 500 experience (XP) points.
- slide 7 of 7
Quest: Wade requires a Golem Shell and a few other items to create a unique set of armor.
Reward: Wade creates the Golem Shell Armor and you get 500 experience (XP) points.
Completing the Quest: This quest is triggered off after you kill the Inferno Golem in the lower reaches of Kal’Hirol (located in Knotwood Hills). Pick up the Golem shell off the corpse and take it to Wade in Vigil’s Keep.
After you talk to Wade, he tells you that he needs the following items in order to craft the Golem Shell Armor:
- Wool Padding – Find this in the City of Amaranthine on the north side of the map.
- Master Lyrium Potion – You will either buy it from a merchant, or create it yourself. If you need to make one, the recipe for the Master Lyrium potion is located in the basement of Vigil’s Keep. However, you will need to complete the “Wraith’s Vengeance" quest to find it.
- Pure Iron – Purchase this from the Weapon master in the City of Amaranthine.
- Blood Lotus – You can find some in Wending Wood and in other areas
Once you have all items, complete this Dragon Age Origins Awakening walkthrough by going back to Wade in Vigil’s Keep. After talking to him, he will make the Golem Shell Armor. It has the following attributes: +8 strength, +8 constitution, +25% fire resistance, +20 physical resistance and 3 open rune slots. In addition, you will receive 500 experience (XP) points.
Dragon Age Origins Awakening Walkthrough (PS3) - The Side Quests
- Dragon Age Origins Awakening Player's Guide – The Assault on Vigil’s Keep
- Dragon Age Origins Awakening – Completing Side Quests in Vigil’s Keep
- Dragon Age Origins Awakening - Side Quests in the City of Amaranthine
- Dragon Age: Awakening Walkthrough - Letters for the Commander
- Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Walkthrough Part 1 (Vigil's Keep)